Saturday 8 November 2014

Christmas (Weeping) Angel – don’t blink!

This year, I wanted to design a couple of geeky cross stitch patterns that I could make into Christmas cards. When I started brainstorming ideas, I realised that a Christmas angel would be a good traditional image, but a Doctor Who-style Weeping Angel would be perfect!

The design fits a card blank with a 3x5” display, but can also go into a standard 5x7” picture frame. I’m actually going to frame one in an embroidery hoop and hang it up with the rest of the Christmas decorations every year!


They may be the scariest Doctor Who baddies since the Daleks first rolled on to the TV, but that doesn’t mean they don’t let their hair down during the festive season :) Oh, and “that which holds the image of an angel becomes itself an angel”, so I’d keep an eye on whatever you make. And this screen, come to think of it…


The pattern is for sale in my Etsy shop.

“They're coming. The Angels are coming for you, but listen – your life could depend on this – don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.”

No comments:

Post a Comment